Friday, January 16, 2009

So all I've done is just rag on Pocatello since we've been here. It really is a crappy town with pretty much nothing to offer in my opinion. Hopefully we're not here more than a year. BUT the truth is that family is one of the huge reasons we moved. My brother and his wife Celena came up just for the day a couple of weeks ago. They live in Salt Lake so they just came and spent a few hours with us then went home. It was so fun to have them here. That's a luxury we didn't have in Denver. Here we are right smack dab in the middle of my family and Andy's family. 272 miles to Taylorsville, Utah and 273 miles to Hammett Idaho. It'll be so fun for our kids to be closer to their grandparents and cousins.

There's something else I MUST add. You all probably know that I was expecting to have the baby AFTER we moved to Idaho. December turned out to be super crazy. I had to be induced due to pregnancy complications. We moved to another state 2 days after I was released from the hospital after giving birth. I left my most favorite job (24 hour fitness), our amazing ward and friends who were practically our family out there. Andy was in a car accident and totaled the 4Runner. December was just SO incredibly tough. In fact, the toughest time in my life so far.
HOWEVER, the other day it occurred to me that we have been blessed with all that we have been praying for. For the last year or so we've been praying that we would be blessed financially. We've been praying that we would have the opportunities to be closer to family. I've been praying that some of our burdens would be lifted. In Pocatello we have it all! We live in a great house that suits our family perfectly! It's new. It's clean. It's beautiful. (As a side note, it even has a nice, big soaker tub-my fav) It has a perfect yard for a 3 and 4 year old. Andy was blessed with a promotion and a great raise. Although our car was totaled, we came out on top and we now have two new vehicles. Andy was not injured at all! We live a hop, skip and a jump away from tons of family and we were blessed with an amazing and healthy baby girl. We've got it all. Now if we could just make some killer friends, we'd be set!! Why do I complain so much when we have been incredibly blessed? Change is hard but we are tough. AND we are grateful for our blessings.


4 comments:

Kierst said...

I'm glad you're seeing your blessings. I can't even imagine what a tough move it has been for you guys. I remember when we moved to Hemet about a year and a half ago. I hated it. We lived in a dumpy house with mice and cockroaches and black widows that was hot in the summer and cold in the winter. It had a dirt backyard so London couldn't even play in it. I couldn't go walking (or jogging) in our neighborhood because it was scary. We moved out of a ward that I loved with friends that I still miss. I really did hate it. I just kept telling myself that I remember feeling that it was the right thing for us to do. It didn't even last a year before Taylor got this job. And when we moved, I was almost sad to go. Okay, I wasn't sad to go, but I was actually starting to like Hemet. I know it's hard but you can do hard things. Thanks for the positive light!

Kristy said...

Awesome, awesome post. You are wonderful, Natalie. If anyone can make the best of hard things, it's you for sure!

Mikaela said...

Life definately has a funny way of giving us what we want, I'd say. You are living that right now. I am right there with you in the not knowing a lot of people at the moment. I have friends here in Utah, but I miss my Spokane friends. I miss my family being close. I miss lots of things, but it is worth it! Hang in there. It will get better as you get involved in your ward...I've been waiting for 4 months to get a calling! I can't wait to, and I will hopefully get to know people in my ward that way.

Tanya Smith said...

You are very blessed, Nat. I'm so glad to hear how well you are doing. As for making friends, you've always been so good at making friends. You will find some good ones soon, and will hopefully come to see some beauty in Pocatello! I have to say I am a little envious of the life you have discribed. It's my dream life! Plus, you have a faithful priesthood holder for a husband, another great blessing.