Friday, February 4, 2011

Phoenix Rock 'n Roll marathon

Here's my latest accomplishment. My adorable friend and running partner, Dena Harris and I ran a half marathon in October. We had so much fun and I decided since I was already half way there I might as well complete the training and do another marathon. Dena agreed that she'd like to train and do a marathon with me (her first!). We looked around for a good marathon and decided on Phoenix. I ended up finishing in 4:13 with some knee issues and wasn't too pleased with my time but at least I finished. Stupid knee! I love running. I l hate running. I love running. I hate running. This was my 5th marathon in 15 months. Every time I say that I will not do one again. It's like having a baby. You forget how hard it is and how miserable you are. We had a great trip though and really enjoyed the sunshine and the break from the nasty weather at home.



We were so beat the day of the marathon but didn't have much time to relax. We had a dinner with some of my family then head straight to the airport the evening of the marathon. It was hard to shuffle through the terminals. This picture is us just waiting to load our plane. We had zero energy. We had a layover in Vegas and ate a gargantuous plate of nachos. Yum! Yes we are wearing matching shirts. No we did not plan it.

2 comments:

Hillary Luke said...

Congrats! You are too cute! Great going! You're amazing! I have your same hate/love relationship with running. Not looking forward to the early cold run...can't wait for spring.

Danae said...

You're amazing!